The Freelancer Licensing offers individuals the ability to operate as a freelance media professional (sole proprietor) within the twofour54 media zone.
Calling all freelancers! Sign up and become part of twofour54 Abu Dhabi, a media hub. It’s your unique chance to seize the opportunity of working with hundreds of companies including CNN, Sky News Arabia, Cartoon Network, twofour54 film & TV services, M&C Saatchi, Ubisoft to name a few.
Besides being your own boss while having access to leading companies and amazing projects in the media free-zone, twofour54 Abu Dhabi offers great benefits to individuals who are interested to become a licensed freelancer:
- Flexible license terms: we offer you 6 and 12 months sole proprietor business trade licenses
- Access to project briefs: pitch for projects with campus companies and affiliated entities via the twofour54 Briefing Room
- Flexible hours: Work when you want to – you choose your own hours
- Work where you want: From hot desks, #thelab, The Space, home… work from where you work best
- Control over jobs: Choose which jobs you take and the projects contribute to. Our partners are constantly looking for talented individuals to join our freelance pool. Here are who we are currently looking to license: Travel Coordinator, Series Producers, Self-Shooting Producer/Directors, Assistant Producers/Self Shooting, Assistant Producers, Researchers, Production Managers, Production Coordinators, Camera Operators (location & studio), Lighting & Camera Operators (location & studio), DOP's (film and video) and more.
In conclusion, be your own boss!
Here is your easy 5-step guide to becoming a freelancer at twofour54 Abu Dhabi - one of the fastest growing media free-zones in the region:
Submit Your Application
Complete and submit your application online!
Complete and submit our online application form.
You will need to upload some materials, so make sure you have:
- Passport Copy
- Passport-size photo
- Updated CV
- 2 professional references (with contact details)
- Work offer or a letter of intent from a twofour54 business partner. If you do not have work offer or a letter of intent, you will need to submit a detailed business plan that includes:
- Introduction – personal/professional background, work experience
- Work – work you have done within the Media Zone Authority - Abu Dhabi or work you plan to carry out and the contacts as references
- Liabilities – financial overview of expected income
Our team will review your application, references and documentation
Our team will review your application, references and documentation. Once we review your application, we will contact you within 3 working days with feedback. Upon approval of your application, we will then initiate a meeting to complete the licensing and residency process.
Payment of the license and visa
Sign and return your documents and make required payments
Sign and return all necessary documents and make required payments (visa application and license fee).
The 6-month licence is AED 2,250 and the 12-month licence is AED 4,500.
The visa sponsorship fee for non-GCC nationals is approximately AED 3,300.
Get licence and visa
You are almost there...
You will be issued with a sole proprietors business license and employment visa (non-GCC nationals) which will be converted into a residence visa.
Start working as a freelancer
Congratulations! Now you can focus on making your business a success!
Congratulations! Now you can focus on making your business a success! twofour54 Customer Care and Freelancer Team can help you acquire everything you need to begin life in Abu Dhabi, from Emirates ID to medical cover; to support with your housing and travel arrangements. Once you have started, you can use our facilities, kick around ideas with other freelancers and partner companies at networking events, receive briefs through twofour54 Briefing Room.
If you wish to obtain a freelancer licence in twofour54 Abu Dhabi, you can contact our team or call +971 2 401 2454.
Our team will assist you by communicating the process and acting as your primary point of contact to support you through the registration steps.