benefits Abu Dhabi provides
Abu Dhabi is a city that dreams big. The future promises nothing short of spectacular. There are many reasons why a media & entertainment company can thrive in Abu Dhabi.
1. Political & Economic Stability
- Long-term political stability, open diplomatic policy worldwide
- 40 years of growth and a strong resilience to economic crises
- AA credit rating from Fitch and S&P, AA2 from Moody's
- Abu Dhabi has been ranked one of the top cities in the Middle East region for quality of life
- Abu Dhabi ranked 22nd globally and 1st in the Middle East region for ease of doing business
- Abu Dhabi ranked 12th globally and 1st in the Middle East region for competitiveness (economic performance, government efficiency, business efficiency and infrastructure).
2. Strategic Location
- Strategically located between Europe, Africa and Asia
- Five hours from 25% of the world's population
- More than 1,000 flights weekly to most destinations worldwide
- Access to GCC and Middle East markets and cover your 24-hour business clock.
- Easy access to India and China which are collectively comprise almost 40 per cent of the world’s total population and support a combined GDP in excess of US$5 trillion, providing significant economic and trading opportunities.
- Connection between Europe and Asia. The EU is the GCC’s top trade partner. Trade flows reached €133bn in 2012, representing 12.8% of the GCC’s global trade.
3. Financial Incentives
- 0% income tax
- 100% foreign ownership
- No minimum requirement for company set-up.
- No foreign exchange control, quotas or trade barriers.
- 30% cash-rebate on international film and TV production spend
4. Strong Healthcare and Education Policy
- 92.5% literacy rate
- Local and international universities such as Sorbonne, INSEAD, NYU, MIT
- Local and international healthcare facilities such as Cleveland Clinic
- Compulsory health insurance for all family members
5. Unique Lifestyle
- 2012 Mercer Survey ranks Abu Dhabi best city in the Middle East
- 400km of coastline, 200 islands, mountains, oasis, and desert, 365 days of sun a year
- Sheikh Zayed, Louvre and Guggenheim museums to open in Saadiyat Island
- International golf and tennis tournaments, Formula One Grand Prix and many concerts
- One of the safest cities worldwide