apply for this job
Senior Legal Counsel
|contract type||Full Time|
|country||United Arab Emirates|
Role PurposeThe "Senior Legal Counsel" role provides senior level legal support to internal business units of the twofour54 organization; with a focus on the real estate leasing operations, development matters and support on construction and development projects, all within the boundaries of applicable laws and regulations as well as in line with accepted legal and international best practices in the media, corporate and real estate spheres.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with and advising Directors, Heads of Department and other members of the business units on the legal requirements of their departments and individual projects.
- Managing external support providers such as law firms, external legal consultants and corporate investigation companies.
- Mentoring and managing junior legal staff in their career development along with the other managers to ensure they are exposed to a variety of situations to improve their drafting, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Leading on all legal and project management aspects of twofour54’s real estate (leasing, operational and development) and construction matters..
- Providing general senior-level legal support to the business, with support from Legal Director and the legal team when required.
- Assisting Legal Director and other legal team members with any transactions assigned as and when required by Legal Director.
- Leading on and negotiating transactions for departments, including preparing drafts of the documentation and finalizing the same, effecting completion and being the first point of contact for internal clients and counterparties.
- Providing legal support for specifically allocated departments, with a focus on the Real Estate leasing, operational and development matters.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of commercial and corporate agreements.
- Attending internal and external meetings relating to various legal issues both within and outside of the UAE as required.
- Maintaining a legal database of work product, including electronic storage of emails and documents.
- Continuing to provide legal support to twofour54 across all departments assigned and other departments as and when required by internal clients.
- General regulatory support such as companies/licensing queries, freelancer issues, Federal/Emirate stakeholder engagement and regulatory review.
- Advising all internal departments and business units to ensure compliance with twofour54’s policies and procedures as well as the Media Zone Authority and UAE legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Ensuring internal governance procedures are followed for sign-off in respect of legal documents and board approvals where relevant.
- Support departments with queries on internal governance processes and procedures as required.
- Assessing, evaluating and advising on legal risks in various transactions with the objective of appropriately managing risks to the business
Education, Experience & Skills
- Demonstrates legal and business analytical skills with a focus on Real Estate (leasing, operational and development matters) as well as construction and development, prior commercial side and legal side experience
- Excellent drafting, research and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good commercial logic
- Sound knowledge of UAE and Media Zone Authority laws and regulations
- Experience in dealing with external clients
- Ability to manage and priorities heavy and variable workload
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to read contracts and determine key issues efficiently and in a timely manner
- Fully qualified solicitor/attorney, trained in an internationally recognized jurisdiction of note
- 7 – 10 years post-qualification experience of which at least 4 are in Real Estate (leasing, operational and development) and construction experience