apply for this job
Financial Planning & Accountant Analyst
|contract type||Full Time|
|country||United Arab Emirates|
Role PurposeTo support the Head of Finance (HoF) in developing the company's business and financial strategy. As well as delivering monthly management reporting that supports Management in making timely and effective decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the financial analysis, management reporting and budgeting of the Group.
- Preparation of the Group’s monthly and quarterly management reporting packages and variance analysis.
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts, as well as quarterly updates (where applicable).
- Short-term and long-term cash flow forecasting.
- Support the Head of Finance (HoF) in developing the company's business and financial strategy.
- Support Business Unit Heads and the Head of Finance (HoF) to drive the business in order to achieve its targets.
- Identify areas of risk and opportunities within the business; while ensuring compliance with company’s internal policies and UAE laws and regulations.
- Preparation of Board and Audit Committee presentations and supporting material.
- Commercial investment analysis of potential acquisitions and investments.
- Analyse the Business Unit financial performance each month in order to understand the business drivers.
- Produce regular reports on KPIs (key performance indicators) and assess risks and opportunities.
- Obtain appropriate revenue analysis from business operations and provide valuable insight into performance.
- Liaise with the business focal points and the team to ensure that transaction processes operate efficiently and changes are made in a timely manner.
- Design and develop reports from available systems that enable effective management decisions to be made.
- Produce forecasts and budgets in accordance with group timetables.
- Participate in any department related projects and in any process improvement initiatives as required.
- Coordinate / assist the work of internal, external and governmental audit authorities (as required).
- Follow the department’s policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Perform any other job-related task or assignment as directed by the Line Manager.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance
- Recognized professional Accounting qualification, such as CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA, CMA or CFA
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial and management accounting
- Knowledge in accounting policies and procedures and IFRS standards
- Experience with accounting systems, e.g. Oracle ERP
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- IT skills, Microsoft Excel, Word and PPT skills
- Teamwork skills and time management skills