apply for this job
Internal Auditor - UAE National
|contract type||Full Time|
|country||United Arab Emirates|
Role PurposeThe internal auditor is primarily responsible for assisting the delivery of audit assignments throughout the business activities. This includes working as part of an audit team and being responsible for completing sections of a major assignment or leading smaller audits in accordance with departmental procedures. The individual should represent the department in a professional manner at all times, abide by professional standards as laid down by the IIA, and seek every opportunity to follow the principles articulated in the department’s vision, objectives and Audit Manual
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of assigned sections of audits in accordance with departmental procedures or leading smaller assignments.
- Preparing working papers in accordance with departmental procedures and best practice.
- Liaising with Internal Audit Management and auditees/customers on a regular basis, keeping them abreast of audit progress.
- Ensure reviews are completed by proactively leveraging knowledge and skill strengths of colleagues.
- Assisting auditors or secondees and ensuring that they feel well supported throughout the audit process
- Preparing audit points and recommendations for inclusion in the draft Internal Audit reports for Internal Audit Management review.
- Assisting with ad-hoc special projects as requested. Prioritize work effectively to ensure sufficient flexibility/ contingency exists within work plan so that all requests are facilitated with quality in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in the quarterly follow-up process on audit observations and corresponding recommendations / action plans.
- Continually seek to advance own technical skills in line with international best practice (familiarity with current issues in accounting/auditing, knowledge of segregation of duties in ITGC, research, continuing professional development). Evidence of this identified in file review and participation in team discussions.
- Pro-actively develop skills and professional knowledge that provides maximum value for the business and that are relevant for career progression.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Awareness of International Auditing and Accounting Standards.
- Understanding of risk management and control concepts.
- Understanding of the IIA standards.
- Awareness of Abu Dhabi Accountability Authority (ADAA) methodology.
- Educated to BA degree in accounting, business management, commerce or related discipline.
- Studying to be a qualified accountant or internal auditor.