Procurement Manager - UAE National
|contract type||Full Time|
|country||United Arab Emirates|
Role PurposeTo manage and oversee the procurement processes of the Media Zone Authority. This will include ensuring that the correct procurement processes are followed and adhered to throughout all stages of the procurement process and at all levels of the organisation. The role will also ensure that all tender awards are made in accordance with MZA procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide advice across the Media Zone on how to procure in accordance with the Procurement Guidelines and Policies. To establish, review and monitor the procurement framework and Policies & Procedures. The role also includes the monitoring of all procurement activities to ensure that the procurement processes and policies are being followed as per the procurement guidelines.
- This includes overseeing all aspects of the RFP/REQ process from the identification of potential tenderers, EOI, NDA, the tender process and coordinating the award with the procurement committee.
- This will include a detailed review of each category of expenditure. Once this is complete each expenditure category will require detailed analysis and a sourcing strategy. This accountability will also include the maintenance of supplier relationships with a view to continuous improvement.
- Overseeing the procurement process for all projects to make sure that prequalification, invitation to tender documents, tender evaluations and tender award decisions are in accordance with Media Zone procurement guidelines.
- Responsible for coordinating the Procurement Committee. This will involve setting the dates for the procurement committee to meet, providing the necessary information in advance and recording the RFP award recommendations of the committee.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Thorough understanding of procurement best practice and principles.
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures.
- Fluency of MS Word and MS Excel
- Knowledge of e Procurement systems
- Knowledge of Oracle.
- 5 years’ + work experience in a procurement related environment.
- Education to Degree Level.
- MCIPS or other procurement related professional qualifications