Company Registration Officer
|department||Licensing & Regulatory Affairs|
|contract type||Full Time|
|country||United Arab Emirates|
The Company Registration Officer’s primary role is to review and process the applications to register new companies and branches in the free zone and to assist with the general regulatory and licensing functions of the Media Zone Authority – Abu Dhabi, including ensuring compliance with the regulatory requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
Consideration of and processing of new MZA registration applications under MZA Regulatory framework, including considerations of the intended business or services. This includes assessing applications to ensure that the applicant meet the criteria for licensing and registration, researching corporate structure, ownership and director details, and consideration of the other compliance requirements (e.g. World Checks etc.).
- Reviewing, understanding and preparing corporate documents required for registration e.g. Articles of Association, Board Resolutions, Powers of Attorney, Organograms etc.
- Liaising with stakeholders on registration and licensing applications including written and verbal correspondence, sometimes in both Arabic and English.
- Working closely with the Business Development and Government Services teams regarding onboarding of companies within the zone.
- To work with the team on all matters which may need administrative assistance.
- To work with the rest of the LRA team to share best practice and develop ideas for future improvements in the licensing and registration process including policy work.
- To work with other teams within LRA including regulatory policy and compliance on relevant issues such as license implications of standards breaches, financial penalties and policy decisions.
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams within the MZA in consideration and assessment of applications for amendments to services and license variations and process management.
- Familiarisation with key federal UAE legislation, MZA regulatory framework and international regulatory best practice.
- Familiarisation with key codes or practice on media activities and with the licensing categories.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Ability to grasp, analyse and develop procedures surrounding licensing and registrationAbility to review, understand and prepare (using templates) corporate documents required for registration e.g. Articles of Association, Board Resolutions, Powers of Attorney, Organograms etc.
- Solid IT skills with the ability to think creativity about the application and implementation of available IT to the process nature of the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- Experience in a relevant field e.g. licensing, registration of companies or legal
Ability to communicate in written and spoken Arabic
- BA/Diploma in media, legal or business related preferable