twofour54 launches new Post Production facilities
05 May 2015
Unmatched post production experience for editors and movie makers
twofour54 yesterday unveiled its new post production facilities, offering an experience unmatched anywhere in the MENA region and further emphasising Abu Dhabi’s position as a leading media hub.
twofour54’s post production has been upgraded to enhance the experience for filmmakers and producers; offering one of the region’s leading post-production facilities. Recently awarded for the editing of Emirati movie From A to B, the facilities now offer multi-purpose suites with editing, audio and market leading colour grading equipment. Another key addition is the 18-seater Screening Room that has Christie True 4k cinema projection and Dolby surround sound.
Paul Baker, executive director, twofour54 TV and film production services, said: “twofour54 Post Production gives filmmakers and editors a ‘home away from home’ while they are working through their last stages of a project. We ensured that our facilities offer the best standard of equipment and expertise, along with an environment conducive to creativity and collaboration.”
Baker added: “Offering an unmatched post production experience further strengthens the ecosystem we are building in Abu Dhabi as we work towards being the commercial hub of content creation for the region.”
twofour54 won the Best Editing Award at the Digital Studio Awards 2015 for the editing of Emirati film From A to B; other awards received include Digital Studio’s ‘Post Production House’ award in 2011 and 2012 and MENA ‘Studio of the Year’ in 2010 and 2013.
The Post production facilities offer 15 HD server-based, multi-use post-production suites and the region’s only Baselight and Davinci colour grading facility which allows producers to choose the best colour grading solution for their project. Baselight is fast, creative and reliable, allowing the colourist to efficiently achieve the best desired result.
The existing and new equipment of the post production facilities at twofour54 include:
- Editing suites – 19 x FCP and 5 x AVID media composer (3 x Mac Pro 2.7GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 / Memory 32GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC / Graphics AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB)
- Online and Finishing suites – 2 x Autodesk Smoke and 1 x AVID DS
- High end colour grading suite – Baselight with Truelight colour management for cinema grading
- Davinci Suite for colour grading
- Audio suites – 2 x Pro-tools 5.1 studios
- GFX/CGI – 4 x Autodesk Maya, 2 x Softimage, 5 x Autodesk 3D max and 20 Adobe CS suite
- Storage and Servers – Isilon 39TB, Avid Unity 74TB, Omneon Media grid 116TB
- Rhozet Farm for formats conversion
- Doremi Cine Assets for Digital Cinema Package creation
- Alchemist for Basepan standards conversion
- Diva Archive & capability to handle LTO-4 & LTO-6
- FTP with upload & download capability of 100mbps
- Digital Output Capability of various formats
- Tape Output Capability of HDCAM-SR, HDCAM, DIGIBETA, MPEG-IMX, DVCAM, DVC-PRO, XDCAM, BLU-RAY, DVD, etc
- 4K high-res projector and Baselight management
- Brand new DaVinci suite for high end colour grading
The newly decorated and collaborative space has been inspired by twofour54’s home, Abu Dhabi. The facility displays a true reflection of heritage and culture where the sand meets the sea. An environment has been built to inspire producers from across the region to tell their stories in the most creative and productive way possible.
Editors and filmmakers wishing to use twofour54’s renovated Post Production facilities can also benefit from Abu Dhabi Film Commission’s 30 percent cash-back rebate, the Middle East’s first international production incentive that includes feature films, television drama productions in Abu Dhabi, as well as post-production for projects shot inside or outside Abu Dhabi.Back to news press listing