set up as a freelancer
If you are considering a career as a freelancer within the media, production, and entertainment industries in the UAE, then twofour54’s freelance visa is the way to go.
When you join twofour54 as a freelancer, you will access a community of 600 local, regional and international media partners and a myriad of opportunities for collaboration with some of the biggest names in our industry.
freelance visa benefits
twofour54 offers a host of exclusive services and benefits including a dedicated freelance relations team to help you get the most out of your experience. They will help you settle into freelance life, facilitating all essential paperwork, such as the residence visa, Emirates ID and getting your medical insurance sorted.
They will promote your profile and work throughout our community to give you a helping hand as you kick-start your freelancing journey.
There has never been a better time to join our freelance program. Here are some of the benefits and services you’ll enjoy:
- Waived freelance licence fees for two years from the date of issue*.
- Residency visa valid for 2 years.
- Connect events where you can network with our community and government entities.
- More work briefs on our online Connect portal.
- Access to over 600+ world-class media and entertainment companies.
- World-class production and post-production facilities.
- Talent and development training programmes
- Youth community of 14,500+ members
- Dedicated team to support you with all your government and logistics needs.
- Click here to view the list of Media Zone Authority’s freelancer license activities.
*T&C applyJoin us
become a freelancer in 3 easy steps
At twofour54, getting your freelance licence is as easy as 1-2-3:
step 1: apply
We’ve made it quick and easy to submit your application online. All you need is:
- Copy of your passport
- Passport-size digital photo
- Up-to-date CV
- 2 professional references (with contact details)
- Work offer or a letter of intent from a twofour54 business partner
If you don’t have a work offer or letter of intent, don’t worry. You can submit a business plan that includes:
- Personal profile—your personal and professional background and work experience
- Work—work you have done within the Media Zone Authority in Abu Dhabi, or work you plan to carry out, with your contacts as references
- Liabilities—financial overview of your expected income
We’ll review your application and contact you within 3 working days with feedback. Once your application is approved, we’ll arrange a meeting to complete the licensing and residency process.
step 2: process your documents with us
Next, you’ll need to sign and return your visa application, including the required fee.
step 3: start freelancing
You’ll be issued a sole proprietor’s business licence and an employment visa valid for two years (for non-GCC nationals), which is convertible into a residence visa.
And that’s it – you’re done! Now you can focus on making your freelance business a success at twofour54.
Once you start, you’re welcome to use all our facilities, discuss ideas with other freelancers and partner companies at networking events, and find briefs to secure work in the Briefing Room.