set up as a freelancer
When you join twofour54 as a freelancer, you’ll gain access to a community of 550+ regional and international media partners, as well as government entities and private companies.
What’s more, we offer a host of exclusive services, facilities and benefits, including a dedicated freelance-relations team to help you get the most out of your experience. Our team will source briefs to suit your talent, secure your next job, and promote your work throughout our community. From obtaining your Emirates ID to getting medical coverage; they can even support with your relocation and travel arrangements.
There’s never been a better time to join our Freelance Programme. Here are some of the benefits and services you’ll enjoy:
- Waived licence fees for two years from the date of issue*
- Residency visa valid for 2 years
- Connect events where you can network with our community and government entities
- More work briefs on our online Connect portal
- Access to over 550 world-class media and entertainment companies
- World-class production and post-production facilities
- Talent and development training programmes
- Youth community of 14,000+ members
- Dedicated team to support you with all your government and logistical needs.
*T&C applyJoin us
become a freelancer in 3 easy steps
At twofour54, getting your freelance licence is as easy as 1-2-3:
step 1: apply
We’ve made it quick and easy to submit your application online. All you need is:
- Copy of your passport
- Passport-size digital photo
- Up-to-date CV
- 2 professional references (with contact details)
- Work offer or a letter of intent from a twofour54 business partner
If you don’t have a work offer or letter of intent, don’t worry. You can submit a business plan that includes:
- Personal profile—your personal and professional background and work experience
- Work—work you have done within the Media Zone Authority in Abu Dhabi, or work you plan to carry out, with your contacts as references
- Liabilities—financial overview of your expected income
We’ll review your application and contact you within 3 working days with feedback. Once your application is approved, we’ll arrange a meeting to complete the licensing and residency process.
step 2: process your documents with us
Next, you’ll need to sign and return your visa application, including the required fee.
step 3: start freelancing
You’ll be issued a sole proprietor’s business licence and an employment visa valid for two years (for non-GCC nationals), which is convertible into a residence visa.
And that’s it – you’re done! Now you can focus on making your freelance business a success at twofour54.
Once you start, you’re welcome to use all our facilities, discuss ideas with other freelancers and partner companies at networking events, and find briefs to secure work in the Briefing Room.